The top ten movies that have the highest film budget for their production costs are listed below. These production costs do not included marketing, finance costs, prints and advertising (P&A) or distribution costs. The figures represent production film budgets only.
Top 10 Movies with the Highest Film Budget
Film Film Budget Release Date
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End $300 Million 2007
- Tangled $260 Million 2010
- Spider-Man 3 $258 Million 2007
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince $250 Million 2009
- Avatar $237 Million 2009
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian $225 Million 2008
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest $225 Million 2006
- X-Men: The Last Stand $210 Million 2006
- Superman Returns $209 Million 2006
- King Kong $209 Million 2005
The numbers above are estimates of the film budget for the specified motion pictureproduction. The production film budgets listed are sourced
from publicly available information including Variety, The Hollywood Reporter and IMDB.