As Cannes kicks off it is again quite clear the message coming from the foreign sales agents and the film finance people. Consistently the message to producers is for them to obtain a quality, custom and accurate film budget and schedule from a hand crafted screenplay breakdown created by a seasoned line producer.
As foreign sales prices continue to fall and the dvd market shows further weakness, the clear implication is that the film budget must be reevaluated for todays economic reality. Early on the producers representatives are likewise insisting that they become more involved in the film budgeting process to ensure the filmmakers create a film budget and schedule that reflects the commercial aspects that the movie must achieve to gain financing.
FilmBudget.com is the international leader in worlwide film budget and schedule production services since 1997. Producing feature film and television productions since 1986, Producer Jack Binder is an expert in the field of studio and independent feature film and tv film budgets and schedules.
The top ten reasons for a film budget from an expert for film financing:
1. Quality Matters: a quality film budget and schedule matters. An inferior film budget is an obvious affront to anyone with any knowledge to whom it is presented.
2. Accuracy is Critical: accuracy is critical due the the fact of exponential calculations. A small mistake or error in the film budget can expand to millions of dollars over the life of a movie.
3. Your Film Budget is Your Calling Card: your film budget represents you to investors, film financiers and distributors. You are certainly judged on the film budget you present.
4. You Only Get One Chance: you may only get one chance at a film finance executive of movie investor. One ought to put their best foot forward and shine in the highest light.
5. It Not Your Money: it’s not. By demonstrating your ability to delegate to a professional with experience you are telling your investors that you are serious about being responsible
with the financiers money.
For a quality, reliable, custom and accurate film budget and schedule contact Filmbudget.com – the worldwide leader in international film budget and schedule production services.
a quality film budget matters for film financiers
For many years it was not readily known how one goes about getting a film budget for their movie production. Jack Binder, Producer of ‘Reign Over Me’ and ‘The Upside of Anger’ realized a gap in this realization back in 1997 and sought to make available for fellow filmmakers a film budget process whereby they could get a film budget for their project. Jack Binder created the first online film budget production service.
Jack continued to evolve the concept but the basic working structure was that a film budget would be required in order for a director, actor, writer or producer to embark on obtaining film financing for their film production. By using his extensive experience in creating motion pictures and likewise film budgets for all of his movies and television shows, Binder realized that he should have a ready answer for the many co-production partners, film finance executives, bank lenders and major studio executives who were approaching him about creating a film budget and schedule for their productions.
Finally it really hit home when reworking a film budget over and over again, that it became very evident that the process and knowledge involved was fundamental to receiving that elusive of all treasures, the Greenlight. Through an ability to respond to questions and by knowing his film budgets inside and out, and through meticulous film budgeting experience Jack was able to remove the obstacles to getting the film into production.
Contact Filmbudget.com for an accurate and proven film budget for your production – and get that greenlight!