FilmL.A. Research released its annual report on television pilot production. The report details tv production activity in Los Angeles, New York, other production centers and international locations.
Key facts include:
- 186 Total TV Pilots Produced in 2012/2013 development cycle
- 96 Total Pilots Produced within the Los Angeles Region
- 75 Total One Hour drama pilots produced outside L.A. this season
- 78% of Total L.A. based projects were comedies
- 83% of Total Comedy projects filmed in Los Angeles
- $278m Estimated Total Pilot Production Spending in L.A. Region
The report explains the types of productions that are shooting and where they are set. Graphs and charts demonstrate trends from 2006 to today and the impact of film tax credits and production incentives on the television production sector. Clearly evident is the strength of comedy to the L.A. market as runaway production succumbs to distant locations for drama.
FilmBudget.com is the international leader in worldwide film & TV budget and schedule production services.